Another traditional Maria Christmas cookie. Yummy.
Liza found a dough recipe online. The filling is Maria-specific.
- 8 cups flour
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 4 sticks butter, cold, chopped into cubes
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups roasted almonds, whole
- 2 packages figs (need to look up size)
- 1 ten oz package of pitted dates
- 1/2 lb fruit cake mix (this is the tub of sugary dried orange/lemon peels, cherries, pine apple, etc)
- 1.5 cups raisins
- 8 oz semi-sweet or bitter sweet chocolate.
- 1.5 cups espresso
- Chop up the chocolate with a knife and toss it in the sauce pan.
- Pour the espresso into the mixture and mix it all up.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Roll out a bit of dough into a thin strip about 3-4 inches wide and a foot or so long.