It's a Liza invention. Substitute olive oil for the butter and it's an easy vegan dish.
- 1 large acorn squash, halved
- 2 TB butter
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 cups chopped mushroom
- 1 1/2 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Put squash cut side down on baking sheet and bake in a 375 oven for about 45-50 minutes. Liza actually puts her squash in a little toaster oven at 400 for about an hour.
- In a frying pan on medium-high heat, melt butter and then saute celery, onions, carrots until just soft.
- Add mushrooms, cook until mushrooms sweat and begin to brown.
- Add rice and soy. Stir it up to warm through. S&P to taste.
- Serve with the squash which has been quartered, and with a good winter-hoppy ale.