Sunday, July 17, 2011
Paella over the fire
Stine and Lynn came up to the river. Stine pulled off the best camp fire dinner I've ever had.
I didn't get the detailed method but basically: sear the chicken in the pan over the hot coals until brown, then add aromatics, broth/stock, rice and cook slowly. There's some spice thing going on there that I didn't get. And there was even one local morel diced up in there. Good eats.
We're inspired to try a stewed beef dish tonight on the coals. More on that later.
Posted by John Speare > 12:49 PM 1 comments
Sunday, July 3, 2011
Boyds Country Inn: "Trekkies and Testes"
|Yes. Those are deep fried beef testicles.|
- They have free WiFi. At the edges of Ferry County, this is rare bird.
- They have Northern Ales beer on tap. It's the Amber, which is my least favorite, but the thought is nice. They should run the lager.
- They have deep-fried bull testicles (in season only -- which, apparently is spring. They buy a bunch, have a testicle festival, then freeze the rest).
- They play rad movies on the TV above the bar. To wit: today, it's Star Wars. 'Nuff said.
- It's the closest boozer to the river place (4 miles).
|Yes. That is C3P0 on TV.|
Posted by John Speare > 4:08 PM 1 comments
Labels: Ferry County, places
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)